Working to Save the Earth One Card at a Time
In an effort to be more eco-friendly, we have been swapping our materials for more sustainable ones where possible.
Starting in 2020, we switched the plastic sleeves used for our cards and illustrations/prints over to eco-bags. These new sleeves are plant based and certified compostable.*
Our price stickers are made from unbleached sugarcane and wood pulp paper. They are 100% certified compostable. This year (2022), we are switching our sticker products over to the same plant based paper instead of the traditional PVC vinyl, which is toxic.**
All of our art prints and cards are printed on recycled paper.***
This year (2022), we are switching our enamel pin and keychain products to wood pins and keychains. They are made from responsibly sourced wood, and require 20 to 24 times less energy to produce than enamel pins and keychains. Making the switch to wood instead of enamel means our pins and keychains are more sustainable and are compostable.
We use recycled kraft paper and chipboard for our greeting card boxes and mailers. To further cut down on our waste, we also reuse packages and packing materials like mailers and bubble wrap where possible.
- Art print sleeves and card sleeves - plant based, compostable
- Cards, envelopes, card boxes and art prints - recyclable
- Stickers - plant based, compostable
- Wood pins and keychains - responsibly sourced wood, compostable
We are trying to come up with new ways to make our business more eco-friendly every day. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please feel free to reach out. Thank you so much for supporting a woman owned business and practicing sustainability!
* We have some leftover sleeves from before we switched over to the new ecofriendly version that we reuse as much as possible. To determine whether your sleeve is compostable or should be thrown in the trash, crumple the sleeve and try to tear it. A compostable sleeve will be brittle and tear easily.
** Our paper stickers are not suitable for placing on water bottles or other surfaces that will regularly come into contact with water and other liquids. Unfortunately, this means our stickers do not last as long as their vinyl counterparts and we understand some folks may be disappointed by that. We strive to make our customers happy while also practicing sustainability.
*** Due to our use of recycled paper there may be minor variations in the look of some products, like small specks in the paper.